Thursday 3 April 2014

Changed my Idea !!!! (experimental sound)



Changed my Idea !!!!


I decided to just keep my idea simple and just re-enact the sounds you would expect when viewing the image, to make it more authentic I wanted to incorporate sounds you may expect to hear in the 1940's. So I stumbled across a man called Arthur Tracy
Tracystreet.jpg (360×359)

Arthur Tracy was an American vocalist, billed as The Street Singer. His performances in theatre, films and radio, along with his recordings, brought him international fame in the 1930s. I looked online and found radio broadcast Arthur Tracy did in 1942.




I thought this would be a perfect fit to compliment my sound more and make it sound a lot more realistic. One piece of advice I gained which was extremely helpful was to always refer back to the image, which is something I never did before, which reflected in my first attempt. Below I have a few sounds I recorded, some I used and others I was just experimenting with different things for example sounds I used with my mouth and other objects.










No comments:

Post a Comment